Designated Emphasis in Public Policy
Doctoral students at the University of California, Riverside have the unique opportunity to pursue a Designated Emphasis (D.E.) in Public Policy through the School of Public Policy.
- Students must complete four graduate courses (16 units) in total, of which:
- two should be core courses in the MPP program
- one course from the list of MPP program elective courses, and
- one graduate course (from an approved list) offered by a department that is not the student’s own department.
- Note that students cannot apply units taken to fulfill the D.E. program requirement toward their own graduate program requirements.
- All requirements for the Designated Emphasis must be satisfied within a year of a student advancing to candidacy in their Ph.D. field; a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for the award of the Designated Emphasis.